1 large butternut squash
1/2 - 1 pint chicken stock
grated cheese, optional
crispy bacon, optional
1. Cut butternut squash in half and remove all seeds.
2. Spray a little olive oil over the cut flesh of the squash and bake in oven at 180 degrees F. for approx 1 hour, until flesh starts to separate from skin.
3. Scoop flesh out of skin and put through blender to make puree.
4. Place puree in saucepan and slowly add chicken stock until it is of soup consistency*, simmer for a further 20 mins. (*This soup tends to thicken up when re-heated so don't make it too thick at the start.)
5. Serve with grated cheese, such as Parmesan, and/or broken crispy bacon as desired.