2 envelopes unflavored gelatin (knox) 1/2 cup cold water 1 1/2 cups honey (next time will try 1 1/4 CUPS) 1/3 cup water 1 egg white nut flour or toasted coconut for covering
1. Soften gelatin in 1/2 cup cold water. In saucepan combine honey the 1/3 cup water and cook to soft ball stage. (You need a fairly large pot for this as it foams up a lot).
2. Remove from heat , stir in gelatin to dissolve. Let cool for 10 or 15 minutes.
3. In separate bowl beat egg white to stiff peaks. Slowly add syrup beating on high speed of electric mixer till candy stands in soft peaks (be prepared as this takes a long time of beating at least it did for me) Pour onto plain brown paper (I used parchment paper) spread into a 12x10 inch rectangle. Let stand overnight.
4. Dust lightly with either the toasted coconut or nut flour turn over on another piece of paper (here I used brown paper cut from a paper bag) If you used the brown paper to put it on originally then moisten the brown paper slightly to remove from candy. I found the parchment paper pulled off nicely without the moistening. Cut in desired size pieces.
5. Dust or dab the pieces lightly into the coconut or nut flour the marshmallows are quite sticky when cut and this takes away the stickiness.