1/2 cup olive oil
2 teaspoons finely chopped garlic
2 teaspoons crushed red-pepper flakes
2 teaspoons salt
48 medium shrimp, peeled
flat-leaf parsley, chopped
1. Divide oil, garlic, red-pepper flakes, and salt evenly among four earthen-ware or ceramic heat-proof crocks.
2. Divide shrimp into four groups of twelve.
3. One at a time, or all at once, heat the crocks over high heat until the oil sizzles, 1 to 1 1/2 minutes.
4. Add shrimp, and cook just until pink, about 2 minutes.
5. Immediately remove crocks from heat, sprinkle shrimp with parsley, and serve.