2 cups well ground almonds (I grind until nut butter consistency- choose you're consistency depending on what your stomach can handle)
3 eggs (whites)
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon melted butter
handful of herbs of your choice chopped in food processor (I use fresh basil and parsley, to make it spicier add a glove of chopped garlic and 1/4 onion)
1. Beat egg whites until peaks form.
2. In a separate bowl, mix the remaining ingredients by hand.
3. Add egg whites to other ingredients and mix well.
4. Put into a buttered bread pan or pie plate (The bread pan of course will give you a taller bread but sometimes the inside remains a little moist.)
5. Bake at 325 F (163 C) until top is browned and inside is as dry as it will get without top burning. (If it's still moist inside you can slice when ready to eat and toast it slightly on each side.)