LENTILS WITH SPINACH AND GINGER
1 cup lentils, picked over, washed and drained
3 cups water
6 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
1/2 cup well chopped fresh coriander
1 1/4 pounds fresh spinach, trimmed, washed and chopped
2 teaspoons salt
2 tablespoons lemon juice (more to taste)
1. Put the lentils and water in a heavy pot and bring to a boil.
2. Cover, turn heat to simmer and cook for 1 hour.
3. Over medium flame, heat the oil in a pot large enough to hold the spinach.
4. When hot, add the ginger and fry for 10 seconds.
5. Add coriander and spinach. Cook until the spinach is wilted.
6. Now add the cooked lentils and the salt. Stir to mix and bring to a simmer.
7. Cover and cook very gently for 25 minutes.
8. Add the pepper and lemon juice, stir and cook uncovered for another 5 minutes. Adjust any seasonings.