MUGHLAI SAG - BRAISED SPINACH WITH ONION
1 1/4 inch fresh ginger root
2 cloves garlic
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
1/4 teaspoon chilli powder
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon ground tumeric
1 teaspoon ground coriander
600 grams frozen spinach (thawed)
120 ml creamy yogurt
1. Slice the onions, grate the ginger, and crush the garlic
2. Heat the oil and fry the onion, ginger and garlic till golden brown ( I used a saucepan but a Karahi would be better)
3. Add the chilli powder, cumin, turmeric and coriander, fry for about a minute.
4. Add the spinach and salt to taste, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
5. Stir in yogurt and heat through but do not allow to boil.
6. Serves 4--or 2 if you're hungry!