1 egg (beaten)
12 ounces almond flour
3 ounces cold butter cut into pieces
3 tablespoons honey
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
ground cloves (optional)
3 ounces prunes
4 ounces raisins
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon honey
1 orange rind, grated
1 lemon rind, grated
1. Process all the 'Pastry' ingredients together in a food processor until it forms a ball. Form into a flat circle and wrap in baking parchment. Chill until firm in fridge or freezer.
2. Process all the 'Filling' ingredients together in a food processor until well mixed. Put the mixture in a fridge or freezer if possible to chill.
3. Remove the pastry mixture from the fridge/freezer. Let it soften a bit- just enough so that you can roll it. It is easiest to roll it between two sheets of baking parchment as it may be quite sticky. If it tears or falls apart, just patch it together- it will hold together once cooked.
4. Melt a little butter and coat a patty (bun) tin.
5. Cut out a circle big enough to line one of the indents in the patty tin. Put a teaspoon of the filling mixture onto this base and cut out a smaller circle of pastry for the lid. This recipe should make approximately 15 mince pies.
6. Bake in a pre-heated oven at gas mark 2 for 25 minutes.