AEDEN'S APPLE SPICE ALMOND COOKIES
1 organic apple
1 stick organic butter, softened (1/2 cup)
1/4 cup honey
1 egg (organic)
1 cup almond flour
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon baking soda
1/8 teaspoon salt
1. In a bowl mix together almond flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda and salt, set aside.
2. Peel and finely grate the apple. Wrap the pulp in a paper towel and squeeze out the juice. Put the pulp in the bowl with the flour mix and DISCARD the juice.
3. Add the egg, butter and honey to the flour , mix well.
4. Butter the cookie sheets and drop the dough in small mounds, 8 per cookie sheet.
5. Place in oven preheated at 350 degrees F. for 10 min. or until edges are browned and center is still light in color.
6. After baking place cookie tray in freezer for 5 minutes BEFORE removing the cookies. Cookies must be removed very carefully and placed single layered between sheets of wax paper. Cookies will be very flat and fragile. Once cooled keep in air tight container. Makes 18.