STREUSEL SOUR CREAM COFFEE CAKES
3/4 cups honey
2 1/2 cups nut flour*
1/2 teasoon salt
2 sticks cold butter, cut into 1/2" cubes
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 1/2 cups pecan [6 ozs.] toasted in shallow pan in 350 degrees f. till they are golden looking. chop up.
1 cup SCD french cream or dripped yogurt
1 large whole egg
1 large egg yolk
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 teasoons finely grated fresh orange zest [optional]
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. STREUSEL TOPPING:Stir together honey, flour [a little at a time]*, salt in a large bowl, then blend in 1 1/2 stick of butter with your fingertips or a pastry blender until mixture resembles course mix with some pea-size butter lumps.
3. Transfer 3/4 cup to a bowl and blend in cinnamon, remaining 1/2 stick butter, and remaining 1/4 cup honey with your fignertips or pastry blender until crumbly.
4. Stir in pecans and chill the topping for 15 minutes.
5. COFFEE CUP CAKES: Whisk together the cream or dripped yogurt, whole egg, yolk, vanilla, baking soda, and zest.
6. Then stir into remaining flour until just combined [batter will be stiff].*
7. Divide batter among 18 well-buttered muffin cups or paper cups, they'll be about 2/3 full; butter tops of tens as well.
8. Sprinkle each with streusel topping, pressing it lightly into batter.
9. Bake coffeecakes in middle of the oven until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 18 to 20 minutes. [they may fall which will still be good.] cool in pans on rachs 30 minutes. remove cakes from pans.