3 medium zucchini, sliced
1 pound ground beef
1 small onion
1 cup sliced mushrooms
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 cups tomato sauce
1/2 teaspoon oregano
1/2 teaspoon basil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 green pepper, diced
2 cups shredded cheese, your choice
1. Sauté zucchini and mushrooms in oil until tender.
2. Cook ground beef and onion until browned in separate pan; drain.
3. Stir in tomato sauce and seasonings.
4. Layer half each of zucchini mixture and diced green pepper in a lightly greased 13x9 pan.
5. Spoon half of ground beef mixture over vegetables.
6. Sprinkle with half of cheese.
7. Repeat layers of vegetables and ground beef.
8. Bake, uncovered, at 350 for 30 minutes.
9. Sprinkle with remaining cheese, and bake an additional 5 minutes