4 pounds backribs
3 onions, sliced
5 cloves garlic
4 tablespoons butter
1 cup celery, diced and scraped
1 red pepper, diced
2 cups tomato juice
4 rounded tablespoons honey
juice of 1 lemon
2 tablespoons wine vinegar
1 tablespoon powdered mustard
salt to taste
pepper to taste
1. Pre-cook backribs in a pressure cooker for 30 minutes.
2. While backribs are cooking, prepare the sauce: Brown sliced onions and cloves of fresh garlic in butter.
3. Add celery and red pepper to browned onions.
4. Add tomato juice, honey, lemon, vinegar, mustard, salt, and pepper to sauce mixture.
5. Simmer sauce for 20 minutes.
6. Drain ribs, saving juice. Place ribs in baking pan after cutting the long piece into 2 or 3 or 4 rib-size pieces.
7. Pour sauce over ribs and bake at 300 deg. F for about 90 minutes checking to make sure you are not evaporating all of the wonderful sauce. If that starts happening, add some of the broth you poured off and turn them up the last l5 minutes to make them brown nicely on top.,