1 whole chicken, skinned
2 stalks celery, chopped
3 carrots, chopped
2 medium onions, chopped
2 medium zucchini, chopped
5 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon thyme
1 tablespoon olive oil
salt + pepper to taste
1. Saute onions and garlic in olive oil in deep soup pot, until browned.
2. Add vegetables and allow to saute together for a few minutes until soft.
3. Add chicken, and enough water to cover it. You can also add in oregano, thyme, salt and pepper at this point.
4. Cook on high heat for 20–30 minutes, then on low heat for 2–3 hours.
5. Stir occasionally and rotate chicken so that it is evenly cooked.
6. Let the soup cool. Strain the soup, so that you have a delicious broth concentrate (i.e. chicken stock)