YUMMY VEGETARIAN DAL MUSHROOM PIZZAS
dried lentils, washed well
1 onion, chopped up how you like it
2-3 cloves garlic, minced
2 cups tomato juice (sugar free, SCD-safe)
spices to your taste
1. For the Dal:
2. Wash and strain the lentils. (Soak lentils for 24 hours, changing water halfway through)
3. Put lentils in a saucepan.
4. Add chopped onion, minced garlic and chillies (if you can eat them!)
5. Add the tomato juice to cover the lentils plus about two centimeters or so over the top to steam away and add flavour
6. Add spices to your liking.
7. Cook for approx fifteen mins on medium or until the onions are clearish, the lentils are mushy and the liquid is all but gone.
8. Variation: throw some frozen vegetables in half way thru cooking for more of a stew.
9. For the Pizzas:
10. Wash the mushies and then de-stem them. Fill the base with the dal. Add cheddar cheese on top.
11. Cook in medium oven for approx 25mins or until they start smelling so good you have to pull them out and eat them.