2 medium eggplant
2 large tomatoes
2 red peppers
3 cloves garlic
4 ounces Havarti cheese
4 ounces Monterey Jack cheese
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
salt to taste
pepper to taste
1. In a large lasagna pan place eggplant cut in lengthwise slices 1/4" or 1/2" thick.
2. Brush them with some of the olive oil.
3. In another pan add tomatoes (cut in wedges), peppers (cut in strips), and crushed garlic. Salt and pepper to taste.
4. Pour the remaining olive oil over the tomatoes & peppers.
5. Put both pans into a 375 degree oven and roast eggplant until tender--approximately 30 minutes for tomatoes and peppers.
6. When everything is tender, put the tomatoes, peppers, and garlic on top of eggplant.
7. Sprinkle with some parmesan cheese, and the grated Harvati and Jack cheeses.
8. Return pan to oven and bake until cheese melts--about 15 min.