10 ounces frozen chopped spinach
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 cloves finely minced garlic (or add 1 tsp. garlic powder with the salt, pepper, and basil)
1/4 cup yogurt
2 teaspoons lemon juice
2-1/2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1 tablespoon basil
3 pounds ground turkey
2 cups provolone and/or parmesan cheese, grated
1 can (sugar-free) Italian-style tomatoes, pureed with
1 can tomato paste
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Thaw spinach. Chop onion and mince garlic.
2. Cook onion and garlic in oil until soft, about 2 minutes.
3. Whisk eggs with yogurt, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and basil.
4. Add spinach, onion and garlic, turkey, and cheese, and mix well.
5. Turn mixture out onto baking pan and form it into a 9x5 inch loaf.
6. Brush with tomato sauce and bake approximately 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until 180 degrees in the center.