2 acorn squash, halved, and seeded
3 teaspoon orange juice or apple cider
1 cup cranberries (fresh or frozen)
1/2 small spanish onion
2 tablespoons walnuts, chopped (optional)
1 egg white
1/2 Granny Smith apple, peeled and diced
2 cups water
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 400*F.
2. Bake squash for 35 minutes, cut side down in a large dish with 1 half cup water in it.
3. While squash is baking, prepare filling. Combine onion, apple, and celery in a medium - low heat for 15 minutes or until apple is soft. Remove from heat and add remaining ingredients.
4. Remove squash from oven and cool enough to handle. Scoop out half of the flesh, leaving enough so the squash retains its shape. Do not break the skin.
5. Add scraped out squash to apple mixture. Divide stuffing into 4 parts and fill the squash shells.
6. Bake for 30 minutes or until tender.