2 8-ounce packages mushrooms, sliced
1/4 cup dry red wine
2/3 cloves garlic
1 small onion, chopped
1/2 head cauliflower
2 cups water
salt to taste
pepper to taste
1. Sauté sliced mushrooms in olive oil for about six minutes, until most of the liquid is evaporated.
2. Stir frequently while sautéeing, and add dry red wine, allowing it to boil off.
3. Move the mixture to a bowl.
4. Sauté a few cloves of garlic and a small chopped onion in a bit of olive oil for a few minutes.
5. In a soup pot, place cauliflower and two cups of pure water. Cook cauliflower in the water until tender.
6. Place the sautéed onion and garlic, half the mushrooms, and the cauliflower-water mixture into the blender. Blend until smooth.
7. Return blended mixture to the pot and add the rest of the sautéed mushrooms.
8. Stir, adding salt and lots of freshly ground pepper to taste.