6 cups homemade chicken broth (your own favorite recipe, or use recipe below)
1 cup chicken breast, cooked and shredded
1/2 cup chopped cilantro leaves
2 perfectly ripe avocados
1 lime + lime wedges
1 teaspoon salt
1. Start bringing the broth to a boil while you prepare the avocados.
2. Cut avocados in half, remove pits and scoop out each half into a shallow soup bowl. Mash roughly with a fork as though you were making guacAmole.
3. Sprinkle each avocado with a little salt and lime juice; blend well.
4. Pour 1 1/2 cups of the scalding-hot broth into each bowl.
5. Add 1/4 cup shredded chicken and 2 tablespoons cilantro to each bowl.
6. Serve immediately. Pass lime wedges at the table.