3 pounds ground beef
olive oil to coat the bottom of the pot
2 large onions, chopped
1 whole head garlic, peel and smash the cloves
1 green pepper, chopped (I only had one, 2 wouldn't hurt)
2 teaspoons dried oregano (to taste)
2 teaspoons dried basil (to taste)
1 handful dried parsley (to taste)
2 46-ounce cans tomato juice
red wine (I don't how much, just pour a little in!)
1 tablespoon honey
6 ounces DRY sun-dried tomatoes, cut in halves
salt to taste
pepper to taste
1. In a 6-quart pot, brown the meat.
2. Pour into a colander or strainer to drain the juices into a smaller container.
3. Separate the fat from the rest of the meat juices.
4. Meanwhile put olive oil in the pot, add onions, garlic, green pepper, and herbs, and sauté until the onions are clear. (I would have added sliced mushrooms, too, if I had any.)
5. Return the browned meat and de-fatted meat juices to the pot.
6. Add tomato juice, wine, honey, sun-dried tomatoes, and salt 'n' pepper.
7. Bring to a boil, then simmer, uncovered, for at least an hour.