KERI'S TOMATO/MEAT SAUCE W/SUNDRIEDS
8-10 roma tomatoes, skinned and chopped
1/2 cloves garlic, minced fine
1/2 pound mushrooms (cremini are nice), chopped
8 sundried tomatoes
3/4 pound ground beef
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon salt
pinch dried red pepper flakes (optional)
1. Pour 1 cup boiling water over sundrieds and let soak until soft.
2. Chop sundrieds and reserve soaking water.
3. Put chopped romas, sundrieds and soaking water in large pot.
4. Saute mushrooms and garlic in olive oil and add to tomatoes.
5. Saute ground beef, drain fat as desired, and add to tomato/mushrooms.
6. Add spices.
7. Heat pot to boiling over med. heat and reduce to a simmer.
8. Simmer, covered, at least one hour.
9. Taste for seasonings.
10. Garnish with freshly grated parmesan.
11. Enjoy over spaghetti squash, winter squash, and steamed vegetables.