1 pound ground beef
cheddar cheese (grated)
Parmesan or Romano cheese or a mixture of both (grated)
Zucchini Squash, peeled, sliced thin lenghwise
1/2 cup onion, minced
4 cloves garlic (I put through a garlic press)
3 grated carrots
20 ounces tomato juice
1 fresh tomato diced (optional)
1/2 teaspoon thyme
1/2 teaspoon oregano
salt to taste
pepper to taste
1. Brown meat (I brown my meat by putting in a plastic colander and putting colander in bowl and microwaving till brown. I break it up with a spoon as it is browning. This way all the extra fat drips into the bowl.)
2. Add minced onion, garlic, carrots, tomato juice, tomato and seasonings.
3. Let this cook till all vegetables are cooked and the sauce is at the consistency you would like.
4. Put a little sauce on the bottom of pan and then layer squash, sauce and cheese. Then repeat ending with cheese. I usually do 2 layers.
5. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes or until cheese is completely melted.