SPAGHETTI SQUASH "NOODLE" KUGEL
1 large spaghetti squash, about 4 lbs., cooked and drained very well
1/4 cup raisins
1/4 cup orange juice
2 tespoons grated orange rind
1/4 cup honey (or more, to taste)
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups SCD yoghurt
1-1/2 pounds dry curd cottage cheese (3 pkg. Friendship Dairy farmer cheese)
1. Preheat oven to 375 F. Grease a 9"x13" pan.
2. Bake the spaghetti squash for about 45 minutes, until a fork will pierce the flesh easily. Set aside to cool while preparing the cheese mixture.
3. In a small cup, combine the raisins, orange juice and orange rind; set aside.
4. In a large mixing bowl beat the eggs well. Add the honey, salt and yoghurt.
5. Stir together the cheese and the plumped up raisins with the orange juice and rind. Beat until blended.
6. Cut the squash in half. Discard the seeds and center fibers. Gently pull out the strands of squash. Drain squash well.
7. Fold squash into the cheese/raisin mixture. Pour into pan.
8. Bake for about 1 hour, until puffed and brown. Serve warm.