1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
1 pound FRESH ripe black mission figs, cut into quarters
1/2 pound blanched, toasted hazelnuts, coarsely ground in a mortar and pestle
6 large, fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 pound good quality SCD spaghetti
Parmesan cheese, for garnish (optional)
2 tablespoons water
1. Fill a large pot with water and bring to a boil over high heat.
2. Meanwhile, heat butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Continue cooking butter until light brown and fragrant.
3. Add figs, hazelnuts, and basil; season with salt and pepper. Continue cooking until figs begin to soften, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat; set aside.
4. Make SCD "pasta"of your choice (cooked spaghetti squash or strips of sauteed zucchini). Add in SCD pasta and reserved water to skillet; toss to combine.
5. Serve immediately with Parmesan cheese, if desired.
6. Serves 4 to 6.