2 cups pecans
7 eggs, separated
zest of one lemon
juice of 1/2 lemon
1/2 cup honey
1/4 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 325. Grind pecans in food processor until fine; set aside.
2. In large bowl, beat egg yolks until pale yellow and thick. Add honey, lemon zest and lemon juice. Beat well.
3. In separate bowl, beat egg whites and salt until whites hold stiff peaks (works best if eggs are at room temperature).
4. Alternately fold ground nuts, and egg whites into yolk mixture (3 batches each). Try to keep mixture as fluffy as possible.
5. Pour mixture into ungreased tube pan* (w/removable bottom); smooth top.
6. Bake for 50 min to 1 hour; toothpick should come out clean when inserted; torte will be golden brown.
7. Cool in pan one hour, then invert pan over empty bottle (if pan doesn't have "legs") and cool 2 more hours.
8. To serve, run knife around edge of pan and remove outer rim; then run knife under bottom of pan and remove torte to serving plate.
9. Serve with fresh berries and lightly sweetened french cream.