3/4 cup hazelnut flour
1 1/4 cups almond flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
2 to 3 tablespoons filtered water or strained almond milk
Extra nut flour for rolling out
1. Preheat oven to 190 degrees Celsius (375 degrees Fahrenheit)
2. Combine nut flours and baking powder in a bowl, then mix in unsalted butter.
3. Add the liquid and stir in using a fork.
4. Bring the mixture together with your hand to make a firm but moist dough, then roll out thinly on a surface sprinkled with some of the extra nut flour. If mixture is too sticky, sprinkle the top with some more nut flour.
5. Cut into rounds with a 5 - 6 cm (2 to 21/2 inch) scone (cookie) cutter, and use a palette knife to lift carefully onto a lightly greased baking sheet.
6. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until brown and firm in texture.
7. Leave to cool and harden on the sheet for a few minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.