4 cups almond flour
2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 cup slivered almonds
1 cup currants
1/2 cup butter at room temp
1/2 cup honey
2 teaspoons vanilla
1. Combine dry ingredients in one bowl and wet in another.
2. Pour wet into dry and mix together until well combined.
3. On a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or a Silpat, divide the mixture in two and shape into two same sized logs approx. 9(length)x 4(width) x 1(height).
4. Bake for 25 minutes at 325 until cracks form on the top and it is lightly browned.
5. Remove from oven and cool for 1 hour.
6. Set oven temp to 250. Remove from cookie sheet and slice into 3/4 inch pieces. (I find it easiest to use a meat cleaver to cut them in one quick downward push, a serrated knife only tears the slices.)
7. Turn all the pieces on to one sides and bake at 250 for 20 minutes.
8. Turn all the pieces on their second side and bake for another 20 minutes at 250. Remove from oven and let oven reduce to 170.
9. Bake cookies for 1 hour. Turn off the oven and leave them in there until both the oven and the cookies are cooled, or overnight.
10. Makes 20-24 cookies.