1 Cornish Hen, cut in half the long way
a lump of butter
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 large clove,garlic, minced
dried rosemary, basil and parsley to your liking
salt and pepper
a little grape juice
a little orange juice
a drizzle of honey
1. Preheat the oven to 400.
2. Tuck the wings behind the hen.
3. Melt the butter and add the oil, garlic and herbs.
4. Place the hen halves in a pyrex rectangular 9 x 13 baking dish. Add salt and pepper and brush on butter and oil mixture.
5. Place in oven and then turn down heat to 375.
6. Roast one hour, basting occasionally with pan juices.
7. Remove from oven and allow 5-10 minutes standing time.
8. Add juices and honey to pan juices and baste again.