1 large parsnip*
2 medium carrots
1 small zucchini
1 small butternut squash (flesh)
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 - 4 tablespoons melted butter
1/2 cup almond flour
1 onion, chopped
4 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced
4 tablespoons butter
Parsley, oregano, chives, marjoram (fresh if possible)
Salt and pepper to taste
8 - 10 eggs, beaten
1/2 - 1 cup homemade SCD yogurt**
1. CRUST: Peel and coarsely grate the vegetables (most efficiently done in a food processor)
2. Place the grated veggies in a colander. Salt it lightly, and let it stand for 10 minutes over a bowl. Squeeze out all excess moisture.
3. Combine all ingredients and mix well. Transfer to 2 buttered glass pie pans, and press into a crust on bottom and sides of pan.
4. FILLING: Saute onion and mushrooms in butter with herbs and seasonings for about 5 minutes until tender. Place on top of crust. Next put dots of yogurt on top of mushroom mixture. (This is where the cheese would go if you were doing cheese.) Beat eggs, then blend with avocado in food processor until smooth and creamy. Pour egg mixture over the other layers. Dot with butter and dust with paprika. Brush melted butter around edges of crust.
5. Bake at 375 degrees for approx 25-35 minutes or until set. (Top should be a nice golden brown and when you prick it with a fork, it should come clean.)
6. Allow to cool before serving.