1 cup honey
2 egg whites (stiffly beaten)
225 grams blanched, peeled almonds (kept warm)
100 grams (3/4 cup) roasted hazelnuts or macadamia nuts (kept warm)
1. *** Nuts must be warm. Cover freshly peeled nuts with foil to retain warmth for blanching / roasting. Wrap previously processed (bought) nuts in foil and warm beforehand at 95 degree C. for 15 mins and keep warm.
2. Put honey in saucepan and place over medium heat. Stir with wooden spoon til boils. Remove from heat and stir until honey thins to consistency of pancake syrup.
3. Stir in egg whites and return to heat.
4. Continue cooking until it reaches a toffee-like consistency (hard-ball stage).
5. Stir in nuts and mix well.
6. Spread mixture into greased pan. Cool and cut into 1 inch squares.