7 apples (chopped)
1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
zest from one lemon
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1-1/2 cups honey
3 cups walnut flour
2 cups almond flour
2 egg whites
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 tablespoons butter (softened)
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
2. Cook first five ingredients in pan on the stove over medium heat, stir occasionally.
3. Mix remaining ingredients in large bowl.
4. Remove apples and add to flour mixture.
5. Bake in buttered glass baking dish for 30 min.
6. Turn off oven.
7. Simmer syrup for approximately 15 min. on low heat.
8. Remove cake from oven and poke holes using a fork.
9. Pour approximately half of syrup over cake.
10. Allow to cool before placing in fridge over night.
11. Save remaining syrup to pour over pancakes or sweeten homemade yogurt.