1 medium onion, finely chopped
1 medium tomato, finely chopped
1 small jalapeno chilli, seeded and finely chopped
1 teaspoon butter
1 cup grated cheddar cheese
salt + pepper to taste
1. Separate egg yolks and egg whites.
2. Mix tomatoes, onions, chilli, and 3/4 cup grated cheese into the egg yolks. Add salt and pepper.
3. In separate bowl, beat egg whites until stiff. Fold them gently into egg yolk mixture.
4. Pour the mixture into a buttered oven-proof pan. Cook on the stove top until the underside is golden. Then slide pan into oven and bake until done.
5. A few minutes before removing from oven, sprinkle the rest of the grated cheese (1/4 cup) on top and allow to melt.