3 tablespoons butter
1 pound mushrooms, thinly sliced
2 cups broccoli florets, steamed
2 Tablespoons olive oil
6 ounces SCD legal cheese (swiss, cheddar, monterey jack), grated
9 large eggs
1. Grease the muffin tins (or use non-stick) as the cupcakes are very hard to remove if you do not do this.
2. Sauté mushrooms in melted butter until they become brown and crusty on the edges (10 to 15 min), Transfer to food processor and blend until minced.
3. Pour olive oil over steamed broccoli and mash with a fork until chuncky.
4. Add the mushrooms and grated cheese. Mix well and season with salt and pepper to taste.
5. Fill each cupcake tin half full with the mushroom-broccoli mixture.
6. Beat eggs with a splash of water until light and fluffy.
7. Pour the egg batter into the cupcake tins until about 3/4 full.
8. Bake @ 350 degrees for 10 min (according to the book, but mine take longer than this).