BANANA HOTCAKES WITH ORANGE HONEY SAUCE
ORANGE HONEY SAUCE
1 cup honey
juice of one orange
zest (grated rind) of one orange
1 teaspoon oil
1 tablespoon homemade yogurt (optional)
small pinch baking soda
1/3 to 1/2 cup almond flour
1/2 sliced banana
1. ORANGE HONEY SAUCE: Place all honey, orange juice, and zest in saucepan and simmer till thickened to syrup consistency. Put through fine sieve. Serve warm.
2. HOTCAKES: Whisk first egg, oil, and yogurt. add baking soda and almond flour and mix until it resembles pancake batter-like(if too thin add almond flour, if too thick add little more yogurt or water).
3. Pour onto hot, greased griddle, place sliced bananas on top.
4. Cook 2 mins. on first side(peek under edge for browness) flip and cook two minutes more.
5. Butter and pour orange honey sauce on top.