1 large onion
4 tablespoons olive oil
Lois Lang Bread *not cooked
1. Slice 1 large or 1 1/2 med. onions into thin slices, cut the slices in half.
2. Sauté the onion slices in 4 tablespoons. of olive oil over medium high heat stirring constantly until they are golden brown to darker brown but not burnt.
3. The object is to have some crunchy onion bits and some that are just golden brown.
4. Drain on paper towels.
5. Make a recipe of Lois Lang Bread (I've been separating the eggs and whipping up the egg whites and then folding them back in for lighter texture) Fold in the onion bits and divide bread dough into 6 or 7 balls.
6. Place the balls on a non stick cookie sheet and press down until they are 3/4 inch rounds.
7. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for about 1/2 hour until a toothpick comes out clean.