1 teaspoon olive oil
3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
2 small jalapeno chillies, seeded and chopped
1 onion, roughly chopped
5 scallions, roughly chopped
4 carrots, roughly chopped
2–3 sprigs fresh cilantro
2–3 sprigs fresh dill
1/2-3/4 cup chicken stock (* see below)
2–2 1/2 cups water
1. Roast beets in broiler until fork can easily poke through flesh. Remove from broiler, and let cool. Remove the skin and chop into large chunks.
2. Heat olive oil in a pot. Add garlic, chillies, onion, and scallions. Saute until brown. Add in carrots. Cook for several minutes until carrots take on some of the flavor.
3. Add beets, cilantro, and dill, and let it cook together for 5 minutes. Slowly add chicken stock.
4. Add water, and allow the soup to simmer for 20–25 minutes, or until all ingredients are tender.
5. Let cool. Put in food processor and blend thoroughly.