1 1/2 pounds ground beef
1 stick unsalted butter
12 ounces sharp cheddar cheese
1 onion, chopped
1 small bell pepper, chopped
2/3 cloves garlic, minced
24 ounces tomato juice
fresh green beans, frozen peas, or string beans
1 head cauliflower
1. Brown ground beef, onion, bell pepper, and garlic.
2. Add tomato juice and string beans (or peas or a mixture of the two) and cook on top of stove till it thickens.
3. Add salt and pepper to taste.
4. While the meat sauce is cooking you can cook the cauliflower till tender.
5. Drain cauliflower and then beat or blend in food processor. Add butter and salt and pepper and about 1/2 of the cheese. (These are a variation of the cauliflower potatoes.)
6. Put meat in a casserole dish.* Top with cauliflower potatoes and then top with cheese.
7. Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes.