1 tablespoon honey
1 stick butter
1 cup almond flour
3/4 cup raw, unsweetened coconut flakes
1/2 cup honey
1 cup ground walnuts
cinnamon to taste
1. Butter the bottom and sides of a 9" round baking dish.
2. Peel, core, and thinly slice apples (I used Fuji apples)
3. Place half of the apple slices in the baking dish.
4. Drizzle a tablespoon or so of honey over them and then put in the rest of the apples. You should arrange them so they lay pretty flat.
5. Topping: Mix one stick of butter (less what you used to butter the baking dish), almond flour, unsweetened coconut flakes, honey, walnuts and cinnamon. Combine all these ingredients and you should have something the consistency of a good cookie dough. Add more dry ingredients if it feels too squishy.
6. Pat the topping very firmly onto the apples. Press down a bit.
7. With a sharp knife make three parallel cuts in the middle through the topping. (If you don't, the apples will ooze out the sides and mess up your oven).
8. Bake at 350 degrees F. for 50 minutes.