1 2 pound package white(navy) beans
2 pounds hamburger
4 cloves garlic
2 zuchini cut in chunks
4 grated carrots
5 chopped tomatoes
3 chopped onions
5 stalks celery
1/2 large cans tomato juice
2 teaspoons chili powder (or any spices)
2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
1. Soak beans overnight (8-12 hours). Throw away water. Add new water to cover and simmer (bring to boil and then reduce) 2-3 hours. Drain and put in large roaster.
2. Fry hamburger and garlic until cooked. Drain fat and put in roaster.
3. Sauté zucchini, carrots, tomatoes, onions, and celery with oil or butter until tender. Put into the roaster.
4. Add tomato juice, chili powder, red pepper flakes, and other spices to roaster. Stir.
5. Bake in 300 degree (F) oven for 2-3 hours. Stir every 30 minutes. You may have to add more tomato juice.