1 package beef marrow (soup) bones (approx. 4 or 5 cut up pieces)
1 stalk celery
other vegetables/herbs you like
1/2 - 1/2 cup vinegar
8-12 cups water
salt to taste
1. Sauté bones in a little bit of oil or 1/2 cup of previous batch broth.
2. Chop up vegetables and add to bones. Pour vinegar onto bone marrows. This softens the marrow and allows it to disintegrate into the broth.
3. Add water and salt.
4. Simmer on medium for a half hour, then on low for three hours.
5. Stir occasionally and check to see that marrow is leaving bones.
6. Let sit in regrigerator over night and skim off fat.
Ann in Maryland