4 1/2 pounds ripe tomatoes
2 cups celery, chopped
1 1/2 cups green pepper, chopped
3 medium size onions, chopped
5 cloves garlic, chopped
3/4 cup honey
3/4 cup vinegar
2 tablespoon lemon juice
2 tablespoon paprika
1 tablespoon dry mustard
2 teaspoons salt
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1. Cut tomatoes in chunks and cook on medium heat until soft.
2. Press thru food mill to remove seeds and skin. I f you do not have a food mill, you can strain in a fine strainer. Return the puree to the pot.
3. Add remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil on medium heat, stirring often.
4. Simmer for about 2 to 21/2/ hours until thickened and of the consistency that you want.
5. Remove from heat & cool.
6. Smooth in blender.
7. Return the puree to the pot and bring back to a boil (slowly).
8. At this point I usually add another tbsp of paprika (for color only) You can also add more cayenne if you wish depending on how hot you want this.
9. Pour into hot sterilized jars to within 1/4 inch of top of jar. Seal.
10. Process in hot water bath for 15 minutes.Remove from hot water bath and let cool.
11. Store in a dark place if you aren't using immediately.