12 cups water
3 cups mild-flavour honey
1. Place oranges, lemons, and water in an 8-quart stainless steel or enamel saucepan.
2. Cover and bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer 2 hours.
3. Remove fruit; seed and quarter. Chop fruit in a food processor or by hand. Return to water.
4. Bring fruit mixture to a boil. Stir in honey. Return to a full rolling boil, stirring constantly, until mixture resembles a thick syrup, 15 to 30 minutes. (Keep at a full, rolling boil or it will take longer to reach the gel stage.)
5. Pour into hot, scalded half-pint jars, leaving 1/4 inch headspace, and seal.
6. Process for 10 minutes in a boiling-water bath.
7. Allow marmalade to "age" for 2 weeks before tasting or it may be too bitter.