The information below corresponds to Chapter 2.3: Supplements. At the time of this writing, these supplements have worked well with the SCD. However, companies have been known to change their formulations.
- Important: Before using any supplements, consult with your healthcare practitioner.
- *GI Pro Health, www.giprohealth.com
- GI ProChild
- Klaire Labs, www.klaire.com
- VitaSpectrum, Multiple vitamin/mineral supplement for children with Autism Spectrum Disorders
Commonly Used/Highly Beneficial Supplements
- Evaluate B-12 status with your healthcare practitioner.
- If B-12 is needed, ask for methylcobalamin.
- Note: sublingual* B-12 is not SCD legal.
(* Tablets taken under the tongue)
Omega-3 Fatty Acids
- Vitamin D3 supplements should be given based on a physician-administered blood test.
The daily amount is very individualized.
- Sunlight, if accessible is one of the best sources of Vitamin D.
Consult your healthcare practitioner regarding sun exposure.
Additional Probiotic Support
Multi-strain probiotics with Bifidobacteria species
Used when a child is not responding to L. Acidophilus alone.
* Disclosure: Pam Ferro is a co-founder and advisor for GI ProHealth Inc.